Vulcan is finished

Category: Warlock

2017-08-28 17:04:05

I'm calling this finished. There is still a bit of tuning to be done, fitting the straps, and probably replacing the crappy string tree I've put on. But that's close enough to call it done.

I started this project thinking it would be a quick build, seeing as it was a kit. Turned out that it took over 50 hours to get this done. Over 25 of those hours were sanding and polishing the finish to a reflective surface. Another 11 hours were the multiple attempts at getting the primer coat done. The rest added up here and there. Riley did half the spraying and preparation, and about 30 minutes of the 25 hours of polishing. Can't say I blame him.

Overall I'm happy with the end result, and I think Riley enjoyed helping on the build. And it's only 5 months late for his birthday present, so nice effort.