Neck, pickups, bridge

Category: Warlock

2017-08-20 11:24:20

This weekend I've done more finishing off. I've gone over the paint with a scratch removal compound, which has cleaned it up nicely. It's highly reflective, and only shows any trace of small scratches in full sun.

I don't know how long this will last... the black shows fingerprints really easily, so it's going to get dirty pretty quickly I think.

Next job was fitting the neck. It was a tight fit... it needed my full body weight on it to get it to sit in the pocket. A few bits of red paint chipped off, and I don't think the neck is ever coming out. But it seems to be straight, so that's what matters in the end.

The pickups went in next - I used my highly sophisticated pickup alignment system - a bit of wood and a plastic ruler.

Then the bridge. A Floyd Rose licensed copy... although I'm a bit dubious, as they've spelt it "Floyd Rosd". Hmm. It's got a lot of adjustments, so for now we've just done the basics and will fine tune it later. It wasn't as horribly to fit and I thought it would be.

The electronics went in (got Riley to do the soldering), and then we put the strings on and Riley gave it a play. The pickups sound awesome. It still needs to be tuned properly, the bridge will need some adjusting, and there may be a fret or two that need some attention, but it's almost done.